BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] new to backuppc

2008-12-19 11:43:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] new to backuppc
From: anandx <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:41:32 -0500

Max Hetrick wrote:
> anandx wrote:
> I can't help much with the Windows host setup, but I just put a guide up
> on the CentOS wiki explaining installation on CentOS using rsync to
> backup other Linux clients through rsync.
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC>
>
> This is my first post to this list. I just switched from using rsnapshot
> over to BackupPC. So far I really like BackupPC much better because of
> what seems like so many more available options for backups.
>
> Anyways, hopefully that will get you started at least getting it going
> on CentOS, and then you can search around for setting up Windows/Cygwin.

Thanks for the reply and link. Actually believe it or not, that link i have
open and have already read it once. Will follow that and start with it atleast.

I also use rsnapshot for my servers, i doubt i would move from that since my
data is too huge on these servers (2T+). Let me first implement this on the
windows pc, then i will think about touching the rsnapshot working environment.

Btw any ideas if Backuppc can be configured to backup certain hosts at
different intervals and certain at different ? Basically i want a machine to be
backed up daily and keep 7 days backup, then 4 weekly backups and no monthly
and then another one, i only want the monthly backups.

Thanks.

Anand