BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Client initiated backups, input wanted

2008-12-19 10:54:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Client initiated backups, input wanted
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:52:02 -0600
Johan Ehnberg wrote:

> I'm working on a way to allow client-initiated backups using SSH.

Do you mean you require ssh for tunneling?  Otherwise if you have logins
for the owners of the clients, they can use the web interface to start a
backup.

> I have
> a few variants working already, and I will make the documentation public
> soon. For this, your ideas on a few topics would be very much appreciated:
>
> - Any earlier implementations I should know about?

I thought someone posted a scheme where clients connect via ssh,
specifying a forwarding port to allow the server to reach them some time
ago.

> - Features you would like to see?
> - Specific use cases that could be covered?
> - Anything you want to know from me?

What happens if all of the clients initiate a backup at once?