BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What is the latest on acl backup for Windows (and selinux)?

2008-11-24 19:48:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What is the latest on acl backup for Windows (and selinux)?
From: "Nicholas Hall" <ngharo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:46:35 -0600
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> wrote:
Nicholas Hall wrote at about 15:27:48 -0600 on Monday, November 24, 2008:
 > On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com> wrote:
 >
 > > The registry is another tricky part.  You may need parts relating to
 > > what you are restoring, but if you aren't going back to exactly the same
 > > machine/environment you may not want all of it.
 > >
 >
 > I've got all my win32 boxes doing a local NTbackup to disk which BackupPC
 > picks up.  It's kinda a pain but works.

What do you mean by that? I'm not sure I understand how that is
different. Please explain if you don't mind.

Referring to backing up the registry.  NTBackup which comes standard on Windows can backup "System State" via VSS which includes the registry and also system32 I believe.  NTBackup dumps out a .bkf file which I have BackupPC grabbing.

--
Nicholas Hall
ngharo AT gmail DOT com