BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Working Well - Except Archiving

2008-11-17 06:17:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Working Well - Except Archiving
From: <samk-01 AT ntlworld DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:15:03 +0000
InstallDir on my system = /usr/share/backuppc
In /usr/share/backuppc/bin are various files including:
BackupPC_archive  (Note not BackupPC_archiveStart)
BackupPC_archiveHost

The on-line docs at Sourceforge do not correspond with my Ubuntu 8.04-Server
LTS distribution.

At the command line, using the full path, both can be started.  From the CGI it
appears that BackupPC_archiveHost is started with the following command:
$Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost $tarCreatePath $splitpath $parpath $host
$backupnumber $compression $compext $splitsize $archiveloc $parfile *

Still, it doesn't explain why it it fails to run when scheduled or fails to
create a log entry, but works when started manually using the button in the CGI
and creates the log entries.

SamK