BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclude and Only combo

2008-08-22 13:33:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclude and Only combo
From: "Ward... James Ward" <jeward AT torzo DOT com>
To: Ward...James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:33:43 -0700
I need to back up a Zimbra mail server, but I can't get the whole thing in any reasonable amount of time.  I want to exclude the usual stuff:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/proc', '/sys', '/mnt'];

But I also want to exclude all of /opt, except /opt/zimbra/backup.

Is this the right way to go about this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/proc', '/sys', '/mnt', '/opt'];
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly) = '/opt/zimbra/backup';

I'm using tar as the backup method.

Ward... James Ward
Linux Sysadmin
(520) 290-0910x268