BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude and Only combo

2008-08-22 17:01:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude and Only combo
From: "Jon Craig" <cannedspam.cant AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ward... James Ward" <jeward AT torzo DOT com>, "Backuppc Users" <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:01:45 -0400
I think what he is trying to achieve is a backup of everthing minus
the exclude plus the specified include (which is within one of the
excludes).

I would take the approach of configuring two backups.  One would start
at root (/) and exclude using the list from above.  The second backup
would start with the base directory in /opt/zimbra/backup and exclude
nothing.  You could do this as one backup, but the include/exclude
would be difficult (the way you have it won't work), and would be
prone to in/ex-clude stuff you didn't intend to.

On 8/22/08, Ward... James Ward <jeward AT torzo DOT com> wrote:
> I need to back up a Zimbra mail server, but I can't get the whole
> thing in any reasonable amount of time.  I want to exclude the usual
> stuff:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/proc', '/sys', '/mnt'];
>
> But I also want to exclude all of /opt, except /opt/zimbra/backup.
>
> Is this the right way to go about this:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/proc', '/sys', '/mnt', '/opt'];
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly) = '/opt/zimbra/backup';
>
> I'm using tar as the backup method.
>
> Ward... James Ward
> jeward AT torzo DOT com
> Linux Sysadmin