BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] busybox tar problem?

2008-08-19 09:50:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] busybox tar problem?
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Craig Barratt" <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:50:33 -0600
gnu tar can be compiled for arm cpus.  do you have a space issue that you cant use full gnu tar?  I suggest you ditch busybox tar and move to gnu.  this would be your simplest solution.  unless you lack a machine with gcc and make to build it on but any linux machine with those tools should be able to cross-compile for arm.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
James writes:

> I'm trying to back up some Arm processor console servers which only
> have busybox tar available.  Busybox tar does not support --totals
> and I THINK this is why the backups are failing.  I tried writing a
> wrapper script that spits out a bogus --totals line, but so far, no
> luck.  Any ideas?

Yes, most likely that is it.  Does the script write the totals
output to stdout or stderr?

You can also modify the code to not expect the totals line.

Craig