BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bear Metal Restore

2008-04-10 05:39:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bear Metal Restore
From: Bernhard Ott <bernhard.ott AT gmx DOT net>
To: Jack <jack AT coats DOT org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:37:59 +0200
Hi Jack,
as Andreas said before bare metal restore is not the thing you can do
best with backuppc, so many folks around here use backuppc for data and
other products for imaging system-partitions.
I use partimage for cloning windows hosts (careful: it doesn't work on
amd64 platform, http://www.partimage.org/),
if you want to restore a bunch of hosts you should have a look at
http://www.clonezilla.org/.

Hope that helps,
Bernhard