Amanda-Users

Re: TCP Tuning

2009-10-22 12:18:26
Subject: Re: TCP Tuning
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Alan Griffiths <ap_griffiths AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:58:57 -0400
You talk about one dle or multiple dle?
Are you using compression or encryption? on client or server?
Are you using holding disk? or dumping directly to tape?
Post the amdump.<n> file for when it use NFS and when it doesn't use it.

Jean-Louis

Alan Griffiths wrote:
amgtar with blocksize set to 512 performs at the same speed.

If I mount the partition on the backup server via NFS then the backup runs
about 6x quicker. So I'm assuming it must be something related to way AMANDA
sets up up the TCP connection. Although obviously open to other suggestions.

Alan