Amanda-Users

Re: TCP Tuning

2009-10-20 14:59:03
Subject: Re: TCP Tuning
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Alan Griffiths <ap_griffiths AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:43:24 -0400
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Alan Griffiths
<ap_griffiths AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:
> dumper: try_socksize: send buffer size is 524288
>
> But backups are running no faster and I cannot see any indication on the
> client of the buffer size being used. Note: client also has the new
> binaries. In older versions of AMANDA amandad used to report buffer size,
> but this appears to not be the case in 2.6.1p1.

Hmm, I can't find that indication in any of my older logs.  From what
I can tell, because amandad just uses the handles (x)inetd gives it,
it never sents the buffer size.  From my read, there is a bit of an
abuse of the security API when amandad calls security_accept on an
already-connected socket (rather than the half-open connection that
the accept() syscall expects), so I expect the easiest fix for your
purposes is to add try_socksize calls to protocol_accept in amandad.c.

Do you want to give that a try?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer