Amanda-Users

RE: TCP Tuning

2009-10-22 12:08:40
Subject: RE: TCP Tuning
From: Alan Griffiths <ap_griffiths AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:50:34 +0100
amgtar with blocksize set to 512 performs at the same speed.

If I mount the partition on the backup server via NFS then the backup runs
about 6x quicker. So I'm assuming it must be something related to way AMANDA
sets up up the TCP connection. Although obviously open to other suggestions.

Alan

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/