Amanda-Users

Re: user amanda on server, user backup on client, access denied to amanda AT coyote.coyote DOT den

2009-10-01 09:10:05
Subject: Re: user amanda on server, user backup on client, access denied to amanda AT coyote.coyote DOT den
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:02:06 -0400
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
> This is how it came out of the deb packages.  I assume it worked, for
> *buntu's. So the problem now is how to specify that while the amanda user is
> named amanda on this box, the amanda user is named backup on that box.  And
> apparently never the twain shall meet. :(

In your original post, I see one place where it specifies runtar is
version 2.4.5, and then the stack trace shows
amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090831.  Which is it?  Where are you installing
the deb? (client or server)

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer