Amanda-Users

Re: user amanda on server, user backup on client, access denied to amanda AT coyote.coyote DOT den

2009-10-01 00:57:48
Subject: Re: user amanda on server, user backup on client, access denied to amanda AT coyote.coyote DOT den
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 00:49:46 -0400
wrote:
>> I just nuked the amanda install, then re-installed on that box, so now
>> everything is as user:group=root:root except the runtar & related stuffs.
>
>I'm so confused -- is this related to the permissions work we've been
>doing?  Because we didn't change ownership of anything (that's a
>packaging issue) or what's setuid and what's not..
>
>Dusitn

This is how it came out of the deb packages.  I assume it worked, for
*buntu's. So the problem now is how to specify that while the amanda user is
named amanda on this box, the amanda user is named backup on that box.  And
apparently never the twain shall meet. :(

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
                -- Groucho Marx