Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover looking for .amandahosts in wrong directory

2009-06-09 10:35:09
Subject: Re: amrecover looking for .amandahosts in wrong directory
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Onotsky, Steve x55328" <Steve.Onotsky AT Broadridge DOT com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:22:31 -0400
Onotsky, Steve x55328 wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve compiled a 2.6.1p1 client on Solaris 9 earlier this year, and for dumps it works great, but if I use amrecover to connect to my backup server (tapehost and index host are the same box), I get the following message from amrecover:

NAK: user root from <client_host_name> is not allowed to execute the service amindexd: Please add the line "<client_host_name> root amindexd amidxtaped" to /home/amanda/.amandahosts on the client

It's a typo (fixed in 2.6.1), the file must be on the amanda server.

Jean-Louis