Amanda-Users

Enforce the use of level other than level 0

2009-06-10 05:18:26
Subject: Enforce the use of level other than level 0
From: Franck GANACHAUD <franck.ganachaud AT altran DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:30:55 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to enforce the use of a level of backup different than level 0?

I'd like to reserve a particulier diskset for the weekend (bigger and backup is long), I know how to force level 0 on friday night (amadmin conf force host diskset) but during the week, amanda decides to back it up with level 0 which is annoying for tape management and it doesn't fit the night. So is there a way to make sure amanda won't use level 0 Monday to Friday and level 0 on Friday?

Thanks for your time, patience and  answers.

Franck.