Amanda-Users

amrecover looking for .amandahosts in wrong directory

2009-06-09 10:00:13
Subject: amrecover looking for .amandahosts in wrong directory
From: "Onotsky, Steve x55328" <Steve.Onotsky AT Broadridge DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:41:14 -0400

Hi all,

I’ve compiled a 2.6.1p1 client on Solaris 9 earlier this year, and for dumps it works great, but if I use amrecover to connect to my backup server (tapehost and index host are the same box), I get the following message from amrecover:

NAK: user root from <client_host_name> is not allowed to execute the service amindexd: Please add the line "<client_host_name> root amindexd amidxtaped" to /home/amanda/.amandahosts on the client

The funny thing is, according to /etc/passwd, the ‘amanda’ user’s homedir is /export/home/amanda, where .amandahosts lives quite happily, and with the required info in place.  I can’t create an ‘amanda’ directory under /home due to Solaris’ *&%*^& ridiculous insistence that /home be reserved for the user automounter.

I looked as closely as I could at the configure options, but I can’t see where I can easily change how/where amrecover looks for .amandahosts.

Any suggestions?  I don’t recall having such a problem when we had 2.4.4 and 2.5.1 clients on the same host.

Cheers

Steve

attachments from your system.