Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Cloud Backup...but to my own Data Center

2009-06-03 09:19:32
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Cloud Backup...but to my own Data Center
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 09:10:48 -0400
In the meantime, can't he just backup across his WAN using a server at his central office?

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 16:58 -0700, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Hopifan <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Now the question- I am looking for solution, something like Zmanda, but instead of backing up to Amazon S3 I want to backup data from these 30 offices to my Data Center. I would appreciate any help. I was looking at Data Domain solution but it was too expensive. Ideally Cloud Backup but to my own location would be the best.

If you're interested in putting some development work into this, we
are working on a project called libzcloud
(http://github.com/zmanda/libzcloud/tree/) which Amanda will use to
talk to arbitrary clouds.  If you write an interface from libzcloud to
your cloud system, then Amanda will be able to use it.

Dustin

--
Matt Burkhardt, M.Sci. Technology Management
mlb AT imparisystems DOT com