Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Cloud Backup...but to my own Data Center

2009-06-02 20:16:29
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Cloud Backup...but to my own Data Center
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:58:07 -0700
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Hopifan <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Now the question- I am looking for solution, something like Zmanda, but
> instead of backing up to Amazon S3 I want to backup data from these 30
> offices to my Data Center. I would appreciate any help. I was looking at Data
> Domain solution but it was too expensive. Ideally Cloud Backup but to my own
> location would be the best.

If you're interested in putting some development work into this, we
are working on a project called libzcloud
(http://github.com/zmanda/libzcloud/tree/) which Amanda will use to
talk to arbitrary clouds.  If you write an interface from libzcloud to
your cloud system, then Amanda will be able to use it.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com