Amanda-Users

Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server

2009-05-21 15:32:57
Subject: Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server
From: Abilio Carvalho <abilio.carvalho AT bbp DOT ch>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:22:06 +0200
Sometimes this is the solution even when the service is NOT in
maintenance mode. This was exactly what I had to do to fix the issue I
had a couple days ago. Amandad just refused to run, believing it was
being run as root even though the service was correctly configured to
run as amandabackup. Turns out even though the inertd.conf from where
I ran inetconv AND the manifest file that generates the smf database
entry were both OK, but the database had some problem. Even changing
the "user" property a couple times didn't help. I ended up having to
do the same thing as Peter: fully remove the service, and recreate it
from the manifest file.

Abilio

On May 20, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Peter Kunst <peter.kunst AT swissrisk DOT
> com
> > wrote:
>> Whenever this happens again on Solaris 10, not getting a service
>> out of
>> maintenance mode even when amanda logs say all is ok, it might help
>> remove/delete this service and create it from scratch.
>>
>> I've traced one of those issues down to some kind of sqlite stuff
>> getting confused (which is used by smf(5) IMHO).
>
> This is good info.  Robert or Peter, do you want to add it to the
> wiki?  I feel like we should have a more extensive "Amanda on Solaris"
> section, but I'm certainly unqualified to write it..
>
> Dustin
>
> --
> Open Source Storage Engineer
> http://www.zmanda.com

This e-mail is strictly confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this message
is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, please notify the
sender Immediately and destroy this e-mail.