Amanda-Users

Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server

2009-05-20 16:02:41
Subject: Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server
From: Peter Kunst <peter.kunst AT swissrisk DOT com>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:13:41 +0200
On 05/20/2009 07:40 PM, Paul Yeatman wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 11:58 -0400, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT
>> edu> wrote:
>>> [424][root@zorn]:index/zorn/_export_users-z# svcs -a | grep amanda
>>> online         Feb_11   svc:/network/amandaidx/tcp:default
>>> maintenance    May_19   svc:/network/amanda/udp:default
>>>
>>> cleared the maintenance mode and things are working.
>> This seems to be a misfeature of the Solaris services -- it helpfully,
>> permanently shuts down a service due to a temporary failure, which
>> seems to be the opposite of resilience.  What's the deal?
>>
>> Dustin
>>

> At least you were able to get it out of maintenance mode.  I was working
> with someone and, no matter how much we stared at the correct looking
> configuration, we could not clear it out of maintenance mode.
>
> Paul

Whenever this happens again on Solaris 10, not getting a service out of
maintenance mode even when amanda logs say all is ok, it might help to
remove/delete this service and create it from scratch.

I've traced one of those issues down to some kind of sqlite stuff
getting confused (which is used by smf(5) IMHO).

 Peter