Amanda-Users

RE: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server

2009-05-21 11:27:48
Subject: RE: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server
From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:13:49 -0400
FYI

One thing that I have noticed in going from Amanda 2.5.2p1 to Amanda 2.6.1p1 on
a Solaris 10 box is that some of the paths have changed. The most important is
libexec. Under 2.5.2p1 amandad amindexd amidxtaped all resided under libexec.
Under Amanda 2.6.1p1 they reside under libexec/amanda.

Not a problem except that you have to remember to modify your SMF entry for
amandad amindexd amidxtaped and correct the "exec" path.

[57][root@zorn]:~amanda# inetadm -l svc:/network/amanda/udp:default
SCOPE    NAME=VALUE
         name="amanda"
         endpoint_type="dgram"
         proto="udp"
         isrpc=FALSE
         wait=TRUE
         exec="/local/Amanda/amanda/libexec/amandad -auth=bsd amdump amindexd
amidxtaped"
         user="amanda"
default  bind_addr=""
default  bind_fail_max=-1
default  bind_fail_interval=-1
default  max_con_rate=-1
default  max_copies=-1
default  con_rate_offline=-1
default  failrate_cnt=40
default  failrate_interval=60
default  inherit_env=TRUE
default  tcp_trace=FALSE
default  tcp_wrappers=FALSE
default  connection_backlog=10

This bit me when I went to test V2.6.1p1 from V2.5.2p2, as amandad is now under
libexec/amanda. So for now I have to play some ln games so that I do not have
to change the "exec" entry when I switch between Amanda version that have
different libexec paths.

Just a heads up.

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                    EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                            ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                   PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067