Amanda-Users

Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server

2009-05-20 14:29:07
Subject: Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:20:53 -0400

wrote:

>> > This seems to be a misfeature of the Solaris services -- it helpfully,
>> > permanently shuts down a service due to a temporary failure, which
>> > seems to be the opposite of resilience.  What's the deal?
>> >
>> > Dustin
>>
>> At least you were able to get it out of maintenance mode.  I was working
>> with someone and, no matter how much we stared at the correct looking
>> configuration, we could not clear it out of maintenance mode.
>>
>> Paul
>
>---
>   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org

Brian, for those of us who have not heard of JASS, and for the lists
enlightenment, could you discuss what it is and does without having to write a
new War & Peace?

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The bomb will never go off.  I speak as an expert in explosives.
                -- Admiral William Leahy, U.S. Atomic Bomb Project