Amanda-Users

Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server

2009-05-20 16:17:43
Subject: Re: PLEASE DISREGARD FOUND THE PROBLEM-amcheck error on local server
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Peter Kunst <peter.kunst AT swissrisk DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:08:58 -0400
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Peter Kunst <peter.kunst AT swissrisk DOT com>
wrote:
> Whenever this happens again on Solaris 10, not getting a service out of
> maintenance mode even when amanda logs say all is ok, it might help to
> remove/delete this service and create it from scratch.
>
> I've traced one of those issues down to some kind of sqlite stuff
> getting confused (which is used by smf(5) IMHO).

This is good info.  Robert or Peter, do you want to add it to the
wiki?  I feel like we should have a more extensive "Amanda on Solaris"
section, but I'm certainly unqualified to write it..

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com