Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda and dual tape libraries.

2009-05-14 14:33:38
Subject: RE: Amanda and dual tape libraries.
From: "Onotsky, Steve x55328" <Steve.Onotsky AT broadridge DOT com>
To: "Chris Hoogendyk" <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:23:27 -0400
I agree, but the caveat is that the planner will do its darndest to make full
use of the extended capacity of the LTO4 cartridge.

In my case, our backups went from between 5 and 8 hours with LTO2 tapes to well
over 24 hours in some cases with the LOT4s - same DLEs.  It took some fancy
footwork to get it to a reasonable window (about the same length of time as
with the 2s but some of the larger DLEs are forced to incremental on weekdays).
 This is so we can get the cartridges ready for pickup by our offsite storage
provider.

Steve Onotsky
Server Support Technologist
Broadridge
Investor Communication Solutions, Canada
5970 Chedworth Way
Mississauga  ON  L5R 4G5
Tel: (905) 507-5328
Fax: (905) 507-5312
Inet: steve.onotsky AT broadridge DOT com

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347