Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?

2009-02-19 12:46:56
Subject: [Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?
From: rory_f <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:40:58 -0500

Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM, rory_f <amanda-forum < at >
> backupcentral.com> wrote:
>
> > i know i can `amadmin tor find | grep DLE` to find the amanda tape, and
> > then compare  that to changer-barcodes - but its a bit of a long process
> >

> I think that's the quickest way to map amanda labels to paper labels,
> unfortunately.
>
> Dustin
>
> --
> Storage Software Engineer
> http://www.zmanda.com

i have this figured out..

dle=WS260; am=(`cat /usr/local/etc/amanda/tor/am_tor_find |grep $dle | awk
'{print $6}'`); real=(`grep $am /usr/local/etc/amanda/tor/changer-barcodes|awk
'{print $2}'`); echo "$shot on tape $real($am)"

WS260 on tape MRX316L3(AmaTor-130)

but my basic bash scripting only means its outputting one line of the `am`
command while there is two.. need to figure out a way to output them all .. but
thats a start :)