Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?

2009-02-19 11:46:03
Subject: [Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?
From: rory_f <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:41:38 -0500
hi,

we're trying to organise back up logs for our users to interface with and tell
us when they need files restored from tape.

i've created all the listings from the index/ directory, made a copy, gzip -d'd
them to get the filelisting for each entry - but i'm trying to find a way to
figure out which shot is on which tape - amanda label and actual tape label

the smartest thing would have been to label the amanda tapes the same way our
tapes are but ..  yeah. that didn't happen for a few reasons.

i know i can `amadmin tor find | grep DLE` to find the amanda tape, and then
compare  that to changer-barcodes - but its a bit of a long process

does anyone have any ideas how to deal with such a problem?
thanks.