Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?

2009-02-19 17:00:09
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] best way to organise tape file listings ?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:56:44 -0600
rory_f wrote:
> Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>
> how hard would it be to migrate our naming convention over to match
> our labels ? is there any way of doing it?

If you're talking about changing barcodes to match Amanda's tape label,
couldn't you just replace the barcodes on the tapes with ones matching
your labels (possibly with a preceding digit added to ensure uniqueness
(might have to tweak your labelstr regex to support it)? That way you
wouldn't need to make any changes to Amanda except your barcodes file
(if you configured your changer script to use one).

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673