Amanda-Users

Mac OS X installation of Amanda

2009-02-12 14:12:19
Subject: Mac OS X installation of Amanda
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:02:25 -0600
I have about 30 Mac OS X (10.3, 10.4, 10.5) computers/servers I am installing Amanda on but I am finding that the process of installation (for which I've scripted so there's not a whole lot I have to do), will take up to three hours on a slower machine because of the need to install Xcode, MacPorts, and Amanda. The biggest time consumer happens to be the installation of Xcode and Macports. While I am sure there are some libraries needed, has anyone created (or have some tips on) a completely static, fully bundled libraries version of amanda which could be installed within 20-30 minutes rather than 2-3 hours?

-----
Dan Brown
monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca