Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.1 configure failure on Solaris 2.5

2009-02-10 18:21:30
Subject: Re: 2.6.1 configure failure on Solaris 2.5
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>, amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, Stewart Flood <sff AT ivo DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:09:37 -0500
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:57 PM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> Interesting. And to answer your question yes, for instance:
>
> 2c2
> < # Makefile.  Generated from Makefile.in by configure.
> ---
>> # @configure_input@
> 86c86
>
> Strange.
>
> I could send you a complete diff, if it would help?

Having peeked at the complete diff now, I notice two things:

1. there are lots of variables that are substituted, but lots that are not

2. somehow, VTAPE = disappears completely:

2c2
< # Makefile.  Generated from Makefile.in by configure.
---
> # @configure_input@
86c86
<
---
> VPATH = @srcdir@

I have never seen anything like this.  Observation #2 makes me think
that something very funny is going on here, and that Makefile is not
actually being generated from Makefile.in

Can you blow away the build directory, re-untar the tarball, ensure
that there are no stray files named 'Makefile', then run configure
again and see if this phenomenon repeats itself?

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com