Amanda-Users

Re: file: drive change question

2009-02-12 03:54:21
Subject: Re: file: drive change question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 03:43:51 -0500
On Wednesday 11 February 2009, Michael Loftis wrote:
>I don't see why not.  I don't use MC anymore so I don't know if it keeps
>permissions but if your amanda run went cleanly that's the only thing
>that'd be sensitive and that can be fixed by chmod.

Unforch, no amanda run unless I start it by hand, the storm took the power
down from shortly after 1900 last night, till 0330 this morning.  Dunno if
anacron will catch it up or not just yet, so I just did start it by hand.

>As long as you're confident the data is there.
>
>--On February 11, 2009 2:59:38 PM -0500 Gene Heskett
>
><gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I have added a 1.0 TB Maxtor drive to the system, and copied, using mc,
>> everything that was on the 400GB deathstar I had been using for my
>> virtual  tapes to this new drive.
>>
>> The I edited /etc/fstab to reflect the LABEL name of the new disk in the
>> line  that mounts /amandatapes in that file.
>>
>> Then I did 'umount /amandatapes', checked with df to see that it was
>> gone, and  issued a 'mount /amandatapes', checked with df and the new
>> drive was there  as /amandatapes.
>>
>> And as the user amanda, 'amcheck Daily' is happy as a clam.
>>
>> I have not rebooted yet, don't see why I'd need to, but can anyone come
>> up  with a good reason why after checking tonight's run of amanda, that I
>> can't  repartition that 400GB deathstar (which is still breathing just
>> fine) and  install a ubuntu-9.04 preview just for grins?  Reason?  /me
>> tired of being  fedoras lab test rat.  /me tired of not being able to
>> play the videos my kids  send me.  Yes, I like to bleed, and play the
>> canary bit in a coal mine play,  but when I break something, I want it to
>> be something _I_ did that broke it.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Gene
>> "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>>  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>> OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Television is now so desperately hungry for material that it is scraping
the top of the barrel.
                -- Gore Vidal