Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.2alpha-20090206 snapshot, total failure

2009-02-08 13:34:32
Subject: Re: 2.6.2alpha-20090206 snapshot, total failure
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:28:54 -0500
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
>>That's where the uppercase FILE in your example configs is coming
>>from, too.  Recall that you were using --with-tapedev earlier, which
>>has never had any effect.  By switching to --with-tape-device, you've
>>introduced an incorrect default tape device.
>>
>>Dustin
>
> How is it incorrect?  But to test, I've taken it back out and its rebuilding
> now.  Installed, passes amcheck but took longer, 2.5 seconds.  Backup
> running.

the device type should be specified in lower-case ("file" instead of
"FILE").  You should remove the --with-tape-device from configure
entirely -- it's best just specified in amanda.conf.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com