Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.2alpha-20090206 snapshot, total failure

2009-02-08 12:49:57
Subject: Re: 2.6.2alpha-20090206 snapshot, total failure
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 12:42:23 -0500
wrote:
>> My .configure driver script does use the uppercase, always has:
>>        --with-tape-device="FILE:/amandatapes" \
>> So why the uppercase in amanda.conf is an error, I'll leave you with that
>> conundrum.   One of those things that make one go hummmmm. :-)
>
>That's where the uppercase FILE in your example configs is coming
>from, too.  Recall that you were using --with-tapedev earlier, which
>has never had any effect.  By switching to --with-tape-device, you've
>introduced an incorrect default tape device.
>
>Dustin

How is it incorrect?  But to test, I've taken it back out and its rebuilding
now.  Installed, passes amcheck but took longer, 2.5 seconds.  Backup
running.

What can I say?  It works.  But isn't that exactly what I started out with
when I removed the tapedev statement from my configure driver, and which then
failed totally night before last?  Call me puzzled, but I probably won't
answer to that name...

Me goes off to garage to see if I can figure out an alarm to tell me when the
garage door is open when its not supposed to be.  Apparently I accidentally
pushed the button while carrying the remote in my pocket.  Long after I was
in for the night & it was open the rest of the night till Dee asked my about
10am why the door was open.  The real problem i$ that 3kw worth of heater$
wa$ running all night, in$tead of 1.5kw about 30% of the time.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Can you buy friendship?  You not only can, you must.  It's the
only way to obtain friends.  Everything worthwhile has a price.
                -- Robert J. Ringer