Amanda-Users

Re: Time outs for S3 Backups

2008-12-19 20:16:59
Subject: Re: Time outs for S3 Backups
From: Nikolas Coukouma <atrus AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:24:25 -0500
On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 11:16 -0500, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> Just to let you know, we are still investigating this -- we've
> narrowed it down to a particular set of changes to the source, but
> can't figure out how that's causing the timeouts, and thus don't know
> how to fix it yet.
We've finally figured out the problem. The full explanation can be found
at the end of the thread on the curl-library list
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-12/0165.html

A fix has been committed:
trunk
http://github.com/nikolasco/amanda/commit/8f1ca2b58b5ed04ece20c9476cbe59854d01b0e4
amanda-261 branch
http://github.com/nikolasco/amanda/commit/971aa2dd9515d111b39f10d7b7c756c277d49e2b

> The fix (along with a bunch of other fixes we've made while waiting
> for S3 to fail) will be in the next beta.

Hopefully this will be in the next few days, just in time for Christmas.

Cheers,
--
        Nikolas Coukouma
        Design Engineer