Amanda-Users

Re: Time outs for S3 Backups

2008-12-07 13:30:21
Subject: Re: Time outs for S3 Backups
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mlb AT imparisystems DOT com
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:25:43 -0500
On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
wrote:
> Now that I've got my holding disk set up, I've been running into issues with
> timeouts from S3.  I've increased the dtimeout from 1800 seconds to 3600
> seconds - the files that I'm trying to backup are rather large - about
> 56GB.  Anyone have experience with this?

The dtimeout isn't related to S3 timeouts.  I assume you're seeing
errors directly from the S3 device relating to timeouts?  These errors
are only reported to you after 14 retrires, which means Amazon has
been given ample opportunity to resolve any network issues.

Do you have any local network issues that might be causing this sort of thing?

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com