Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] amrecover and amanda-client conf file

2008-12-19 18:48:52
Subject: [Amanda-users] amrecover and amanda-client conf file
From: shantanu uab <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:43:55 -0500
I have followed Amanda 15 minute guide,
http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html  and Amanda quick start   guide,
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start for the installation. I have
following doubts regarding amanda client configuration file options.
What is the config name option in it? If I specify my config option say
labtops, then Amanda looks for the config file in the /etc/amanda/labtops
directory.

Does Amanda load /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file everytime we give command
amrecover (with or without config name option on command line)?

Can we leave config name blank on command line as well as in the
/etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file? If not, do we need to create this config
directory and another config file for every configuration? How are we supposed
to use /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file and the conf file specific to
particular configuration?

Can index server and tape server options have different values? or Do they
point to same host (amanda server)? And is index server related to the index
option in Amanda server conf file?

huh... :?

--
Thanks,