Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Scheduling backups

2008-12-17 15:46:32
Subject: [Amanda-users] Scheduling backups
From: shantanu uab <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:17:49 -0500
In summary:

- Crontab will invoke amdump <config-name>
- Amanda knows min. frequency of full backups needed and how many times amdump
will be run from amanda.conf file
- The clients/files to be backed up are specified in disklist (could be more
than one)
- Amanda ensures min. freq. of full backup is respected for all disklist
entries, however not all backups taken during a particular amdump run would be
of same type (full / incremental)

Again, as mentioned in my last post, I am not sure whether dumpcycle is the
min. frequency of full backup or is it the frequency of full backup?

--
Shantanu.