Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Scheduling backups

2008-12-12 17:25:33
Subject: [Amanda-users] Scheduling backups
From: amita0204 <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:10:22 -0500
I started exploring Amanda few weeks back and have some questions regarding
scheduling backups:

- If I specify dumpcycle as 0, then I would get full backup every day. Is that
correct? Is it equivalent to specifying dumpcycle as 1 day?

- We can tell Amanda how many backups we want, but we can't specify particular
time for it. But then one can run amcheck and amdump using crontab. So if one
specifies dumpcycle and runspercycle and also uses crontab for running amdump
then will one setting override the other one?

- Can I specify when not to run any backup process? I would like backs to run
only during system idle time. So is there any setting that can be done in
Amanda?

Thanks,
amit.