Amanda-Users

Re: Almost A$1k to 'repair' L9 DLT unit! Ouch...

2008-11-17 08:27:09
Subject: Re: Almost A$1k to 'repair' L9 DLT unit! Ouch...
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:22:55 +0100
Chris Hoogendyk schrieb:
hmm. My Sony AIT5 Library came with a 3 year warranty. I've only had it for 22 months, so I can't say what is going to happen after 3 years ;-) , but so far I haven't had to send it back for anything. We have 3 of them now. One just arrived and is still in the box.

Meanwhile I have a Tandberg StorageLoder 2U LTO3 (service conditions are the same) since 11 month. 3 weeks ago it showed a "servo error". The first technician said the whole library must replaced, because it is a hardware error. But later I got the information by a second one, that I have to do a firmware update, that changes some thresholds. This fixed it. I hope it isn't that often broken like my last Tandberg, otherwise it is the last device that I bought from this vendor.

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost