Amanda-Users

Almost A$1k to 'repair' L9 DLT unit! Ouch...

2008-11-15 03:40:43
Subject: Almost A$1k to 'repair' L9 DLT unit! Ouch...
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:53:07 +1100 (EST)

Took my L9 to a tape drive repair place just before I left Sydney for Adelaide to start my new job in early October, and recently has a phone call back for a 'quote'. I was quoted just over A$900 to 'repair' the unit - that's horridly expensive! I don't actually know what's wrong with it other than the robotics sometimes locking up part-way through a tape load, and the tape drive itself running *very* slow.

Might look around and see if I can find a replacement array in the meantime.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";