Amanda-Users

Re: amanda, tar and new kernels again.

2008-11-07 19:54:11
Subject: Re: amanda, tar and new kernels again.
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:49:30 -0500
On Friday 07 November 2008, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
>> Older? 1.17 is the default for an F8 install.  Are you saying that this
>> has finally been addressed, and that amanda can now tell tar to ignore
>> that?
>
>Yep -- check the amanda-users and bug-tar archives.
>
>Dustin

Which means it should be in the CONFIGURATION-OVERRIDE section of a 'man
amanda'.  But it isn't mentioned that I can see.  This is the latest 2.6.0p2
from your home page at zmanda.

Whats a good search term?

Thanks Dustin.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
                -- Roy Santoro