Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Few newbe questions

2008-11-07 17:20:32
Subject: [Amanda-users] Few newbe questions
From: peter7 <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 02:30:35 -0500
Hi,

I'm new to Amanda, I've read the documentation, but few questions remain
unanswered to me:

1. I want to store the backup on-site (on NAS) and then copy it to tapes to
take off-site. Does Amanda support it? How would the restoration from tapes
work if NAS went down?

2. Let's say that during a dumpcycle user creates a file and then one of the
following days the file is deleted.
How easy/difficult is it to restore the file not knowing when exactly it was
created and deleted?

3. I want to leave Amanda to do its magic, and have a weekly dumpcycle, but I'd
like to always keep previous dumpcycle data on-site.
How do I configure that? Do I need to have two separate configs?

Thanks