Amanda-Users

Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)

2008-11-05 17:41:29
Subject: Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:46:31 -0500
I don't know if 2.5.1 is old enough to qualify for this issue, but it used to
be the case that the entire set of disklists for a client had to fit in a
single packet. What that meant is that if you had more than a few dozen disks
on one client (depending on disklist options), you would run into this issue.

The solution is to upgrade, but a workaround is to create a second IP address
and DNS name on the same physical client, and move some of the disklist
entries to the latter.

--Ian

--
Zmanda: Byte & Switch "Top 10 Storage Startups", July 2008