Amanda-Users

Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)

2008-11-05 18:51:32
Subject: Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:46:52 -0500
Ian Turner wrote:
I don't know if 2.5.1 is old enough to qualify for this issue, but it used to be the case that the entire set of disklists for a client had to fit in a single packet. What that meant is that if you had more than a few dozen disks on one client (depending on disklist options), you would run into this issue.

The solution is to upgrade, but a workaround is to create a second IP address and DNS name on the same physical client, and move some of the disklist entries to the latter.

Or change to the 'bsdtcp' auth.

Jean-Louis
--Ian