Amanda-Users

Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)

2008-11-06 06:27:59
Subject: Re: Stranded on waitq failure (planner: Message too long)
From: Leon Meßner <l.messner AT physik.tu-berlin DOT de>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:22:08 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 06:46:52PM -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Ian Turner wrote:
>> I don't know if 2.5.1 is old enough to qualify for this issue, but it used
>> to be the case that the entire set of disklists for a client had to fit in
>> a single packet. What that meant is that if you had more than a few dozen
>> disks on one client (depending on disklist options), you would run into
>> this issue.

On this backupset i have 28 dle's.

>> The solution is to upgrade, but a workaround is to create a second IP
>> address and DNS name on the same physical client, and move some of the
>> disklist entries to the latter.

I'm running the latest Amanda from the Ports. Perhaps i should ask the
maintainer about updating to 2.6.x. I don't know why the port uses this
old version. The maintainer seems to be quite active.

> Or change to the 'bsdtcp' auth.

Thanks for your solutions, changing net.inet.udp.maxdgram to 65535
helped also (FreeBSD's default is 9k ;).

Regards,
Leon