Amanda-Users

Re: Is there a log that tells me the block size of a Backup Job

2008-07-24 02:46:23
Subject: Re: Is there a log that tells me the block size of a Backup Job
From: "Doyle Collings" <dcollings AT loganutah DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:01:01 -0600
I am only backing up one file, an iso image, which is about 2.6 gigabytes in
size.  Maybe that is why I get an error after 2.5 gigs. The tapes The LTO4 tape
drive I am using is has a capacity of 800 gigabytes uncompressed and 1.6
terabytes compressed.  I have tarred to that drive at speeds of 5.5 gigabtyes a
minute.  I don't have a holding disk configured because my experience with tar
led me to believe that my tape could handle the speed of my fastest source
drive. I figured the holding disk  would only slow me down. I have corresponded
with others that use LTO3 drives that are having faster speed than me. I don't
know if any of them are using gnu-tar. One who has been using Amanda since the
early Ninetees is definitley still using dump.  Is my holding disk logic
flawed?  I am only backing up from one local fibre attached SAN