Amanda-Users

Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...

2008-06-29 19:36:30
Subject: Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Jukka Salmi" <j+amanda AT 2008.salmi DOT ch>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:22:16 -0400
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Jukka Salmi <j+amanda AT 2008.salmi DOT ch>
wrote:
>> found in the system, create a local copy of the file.  I think that
>> the compiler wasn't finding it because the amflock tests didn't
>                              ^^
> I assume with "it" you mean the "local copy of the file", and not the
> alloca.h "in the system" (which doesn't exist on my system), correct?

Exactly.

> Hmm, what fix would you advise for 2.5? Sync the CFLAGS? (I want to
> fix the Amanda package in [1]pkgsrc which is still at 2.5.)

I would remove the "#ifdef HAVE_ALLOCA_H" from amanda.h and just
unconditionally include alloca.h.

> Thanks; you'll probably hear from me when I reconfigure my Amanda
> systems to use Kerberos ;-)

That'd be great.  We don't have many users of kerberos, and don't have
a test environment that uses kerberos, so it will be good to have
someone around to help out.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer