Amanda-Users

Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...

2008-06-26 11:41:39
Subject: Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...
From: Jukka Salmi <j+amanda AT 2008.salmi DOT ch>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:34:41 +0200
Jean-Louis Martineau --> amanda-users (2008-06-26 10:12:11 -0400):
> Amanda lock the file while writing to it.
> What is the output of: amadmin vv version | grep LOCKING
> Which filesystem is used, is it NFS mounted?

Hmm, amadmin reveals that

        LOCKING=**NONE**

on my system, which probably explains the problem... Furthermore,
reading ./configure output more carefully, I see

[...]
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... yes
[...]
checking whether posix fcntl locking works... no
checking whether flock locking works... no
checking whether lockf locking works... no
checking whether lnlock locking works... no
configure: WARNING: *** No working file locking capability found!
configure: WARNING: *** Be VERY VERY careful.
[...]

This is on NetBSD/i386 where at least fcntl, flock and lockf are
available; config.log reveals that the record locking function tests
failed because HAVE_ALLOCA_H was defined but there's no alloca.h on
my system.

I'll debug this further tomorrow since I just ran out of time ;-)

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~