Amanda-Users

Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...

2008-06-28 13:13:45
Subject: Re: amreport: ERROR unexpected log line: ...
From: Jukka Salmi <j+amanda AT 2008.salmi DOT ch>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:05:34 +0200
Dustin J. Mitchell --> amanda-users (2008-06-27 13:56:06 -0400):
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jukka Salmi <j+amanda AT 2008.salmi DOT ch>
> wrote:
> > This is on NetBSD/i386 where at least fcntl, flock and lockf are
> > available; config.log reveals that the record locking function tests
> > failed because HAVE_ALLOCA_H was defined but there's no alloca.h on
> > my system.
>
> We had a bit of this sort of trouble in 2.5.2, and the code has been
> re-worked in 2.6.0.  I imagine that some rather rough edits to the
> source  (removing #include <alloca.h> from amanda.h) will fix the
> problem.

I'm not familiar with the autotools and with m4, but AFAICT the source
of this problem is in config/gnulib/alloca.m4. The resulting `configure'
script unconditionally defines HAVE_ALLOCA_H which is obviously wrong.
Removing that part (see attached patch) fixes the problem for me:

[...]
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... yes
[...]
checking whether posix fcntl locking works... yes
[...]

This code seems to be in 2.6 as well.

Regards, Jukka

--