Amanda-Users

Re: amdump freezes

2008-05-29 14:57:16
Subject: Re: amdump freezes
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:53:01 +0200
Dustin J. Mitchell schrieb:

The first is probably a consequence of the second -- a dump was
aborted because the server ran out of tape, and as a consequence
sendbackup closed the index stream, which caused the tar -tf to fail,
which caused the error you see in the sendbackup log.

But things can't just fail because it runs out of tape, that's usual with "runtapes > 1", isn't it ?

It sounds like your changer is taking a long time to change tapes, and
*that* may be causing the timeouts.  Is that possible?

When I trigger a tape change during the day with "amtape daily slot x" it works in a reasonable time, maybe 2 minutes or so.

Are you using tape spanning?  Sorry if I'm asking redundant questions
-- I've not been paying attention to this thread.

No spanning used yet, no. Would that help to continue dumping somehow?

Stefan