Amanda-Users

Re: amrecove does not connect

2007-11-27 16:56:42
Subject: Re: amrecove does not connect
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:51:38 -0500
Charles Stroom wrote:
I tried Jean-Louis's suggestion:

"
fiume:~ # amrecover -oauth=bsdtcp
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on localhost ...
[request failed: recv error: Connection reset by peer]
"

the reply is different now and instantaneous.  So I checked a bit
further and my amanda-conf file did have the auth = "bsdtcp line
already in.  So after some more trials I did:

"
fiume:~ # amrecover daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on fiume.localnet ...
220 fiume AMANDA index server (2.5.2p1) ready.
Setting restore date to today (2007-11-27)
"
and netstat -taunp | grep :1008 show the established connections.

So, it was the "daily" argument that was missing and did the trick.
My problem is solved, thanks.  I am still a bit puzzled what the line:
"
conf "daily"                            # your config name
"
means in my amanda-conf file.  Would that not set "daily" as the
default?

You can't set the 'conf' in the CONFIG_DIR/daily/amanda-client.conf, because it can't read the file before it knows the config.
'con'f must be set in CONFIG_DIR/amanda-client.conf

Jean-Louis